St. Ignatius of Antioch Church


The Krueger Group completed the installation of a long overdue 3-stop elevator and enclosure at St. Ignatius of Antioch Church in Cleveland, Ohio.  Partially built into the churches former coal bin, the structure was designed to honor the churches history and architectural integrity while eliminating the functional obsolescence of a building that was built in the early 1900’s.

Design features include:

  • 3-stop Limited Use Limited Access (LULA) elevator servicing the church and church hall.
  • Exposed concrete foundation and storefront glass structure.
  • Stair access to church and basement from street level.
  • Safety railings constructed out of reclaimed church pews.
  • Existing interior entry doors into church were harvested and used as the main entry doors to the church from the elevator tower.
  • Terrazzo flooring to match existing.
  • New ADA bathroom.

Additionally, the scope of work included restoring the walkway that connected West Blvd. to the church’s primary parking lot.  Partially built over the church’s boiler room, the room’s concrete beam ceiling needed to be reinforced with a masonry block structure that was installed from the existing floor to the underside of the beams and filled solid with engineered granular fill and closed off with a concrete cap.  New sidewalks were than installed along with 1,500+ square feet or paver stones and a sodded area to add greenspace.

ClientSt. Ignatius of Antioch Church
ServicesPreconstruction,Design/Build,Construction Management
LocationCleveland, Ohio
PhotographerCarl Staub

Before & After

Move the slider to the left or right to view


Related Projects